For a while we pondered whether to take a vacation or get a divorce. We decided that a trip to Bermuda is over in two weeks, but a divorce is something you always have.
US movie actor, comedian, & director (1935 - )
Friday, February 29, 2008
It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.
William Ernest Henley, From the poem "Invictus"
City of Lost Angels
There is no slavery but ignorance.
Robert Ingersoll, The Philosophy of Ingersoll (1906), "Fragments"
US agnostic, agnostic apologist, lawyer, & orator (1833 - 1899)
Zodiac Lounge Auction
AUCTIONEER, n. The man who proclaims with a hammer that he has picked a pocket with his tongue.
Ambrose Bierce, The Devil's Dictionary
US author & satirist (1842 - 1914)
Thursday, February 28, 2008
It is always interesting to have from time to time some figures and nice pies (I love pies) to look at and wonder what they can tell you.
I have implemented four statistical tools in my blog, taking into account that it was better to have four false opinions rather than only one.
1 - Feedjit, the one you can easily see on my sidebar.
popular pages today
The first popular page is my blog, crazy isn't it?
In second (life...) position comes my first Blogger Day, thanks to Lillie Yifu who kindly posted a link to my blog and made a huge wave of new readers rush into this post.
Ranking third is my friend Arm who often post very strange and funny articles and photos, giving a fresh Norwegian air to my site;)
I am happy that my new friend Seb (a man, can you believe it...?) arrives fourth, but he deserves it yet.
Of course sex is not forgotten and takes the fifth place (just after Seb, is it a sign?)
I don't know why, but in sixth position we find Saturday, December 8, 2007 , if someone can explain me!
And in seventh place oh surprise! sitemeter Vs Google Analytics, LOL, if I can take the liberty of this Lack Of Language.
Slave auction at House Nishi has always some success, don't ask me why.
As for the Turing test closing the top 10 with Muhammad Neva, I must admit it is a coincidence as I never (second) thought that Prokofy could be able one day to pass this test.
2 - My preferred for the appearance, sitemeter
daily visit depth
3 - An interrupted Google Analytics that suffered from my template modification (I hope my old readers noticed that I changed my layout...)
The code has to be inserted in the template just before the markup "/body", therefore when you change your template you have to insert a new code, next time I will try not to forget it.
4 - My last toy: StatCounter
key word analysis
recent visitor map
by state region 1
by state region 2
by city 1
by city 2
by city 3
Statistics: The only science that enables different experts using the same figures to draw different conclusions.
Evan Esar, Esar's Comic Dictionary
American Humorist (1899 - 1995)
Wednesday, February 27, 2008
I strongly recommend that you read this post from Lillie about free sex in Second Life with jackasses we can find sometimes on our way.
"Assholes" are not where we expect them to be where escorts are concerned.
Lillie, you have all my sympathy.
By the way I am not an escort, but no need to be one to understand your emotion.
You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty.
Indian political and spiritual leader (1869 - 1948)
Monday, February 25, 2008
On Sunday night (for me it was past 11PM) I went to my first blogger party.
When I arrived I was really impressed, small place and a lot of people with some celebrities like Zoe Connolly and Vint Falken that I therefore had the possibility to see "in real" inworld.
My (future) legendary shyness prevented me from immediately approaching all these bloggers who were mostly frenetically dancing.
Zoe was not dancing, but I guess it was because of her paraphernalia.
Actually it is preferible not to move too much when you wear a nitroglycerinized outfit.
A strange catfish was undulating in the middle of the room, remotely scrutinized by a neko I know now pretty well. Nekos love fishes, these two will certainly have something to share by the end of the night.
Being bolder and bolder, I approached with my camera (my body staying prudently outside) so as to better see Vint's right ear that was the most clear-cut part of her body, I even was able to see the spots of the inner ear.
Apparently Vint was more interested by her close neighbor and she neglected the catfish (maybe better for the catfish after all)
But her neighbor seemed not to pay attention to her, maybe she was another anti-neko...?
And yet Vint insisted, I am sure she was dating her by IM.
Finally she was jacked in and she resumed her surveillance of the catfish (looked like an idée fixe...)
Miss Vint Falken, a Great Lady.
As I am not neko-allergenic (unless she is hypo-allergenic) I came closer to Vint.
Actually it was to be with her on the same photo, it is always good to show off a little.
Later in the night I was the only one still dancing, the others had an interesting conversation.
I must admit I still does not know what an Akismet or askimet is...
I have to learn some more tutorials I guess.
Next time I will ask CodeBastard (unfortunately I had not the opportunity to chat with her this night)
By the way where is the catfish...? Hum, Vint is stroking her stomach, maybe a hint...
Crap Mariner must live in space, he does not know gravity.
At least Elusyve Jewel did catch a big fish, and Vint is playing with cogs.
Almost everybody has gone and I stayed a little with Lillie Yifu.
Lillie, another Grande Dame.
Sorry for all the others that I forgot to notice during the party, but Vint's eyes hypnotized me so much...
The first step in blogging is not writing them but reading them.
Jeff Jarvis, BuzzMachine, 07-10-2006
Sunday, February 24, 2008
There are many ways to attract customers in a mall and boost your turnover, for example you launch a contest and oblige people to buy your products if they want to participate.
SLASH is currently running such contest for the sexiest avatar.
In their mall you can see a large wall where contestants post their photos with Slash Outfits, there is even some photostudios in the place for free usage.
overview from outside
one of the photostudios
I first tried to enter the contest with an old pic that I took at Bear Infohub and that I love much, but it was removed one day after, which proves that they are checking the outfits.
Therefore I had no choice but buy something in the mall to be able to participate.
I pitched on a bath suit not too expensive (some L250 if I remember correctly) and took a photo with my own photostudio.
used for the contest
obviously the best one
in the top 50
You are totally free not to vote for me.
Contest rules (excerpts)
SLASH! Contest instructions:
1. You can vote once a day
2. Vote for the nicest picture you see, do not vote for your friend, it is not a popularity contest but a beauty contest !
3. Voting for the nicest picture INCREASES your chance of winning the voter's prize. Voting for your friend decreases your chance !
4. Click on the picture you want to vote for.
5. Wait for a blue menu to appear, verify the text on the blue menu and click Yes if it is correct, No if it is not correct
6. Vote again if you clicked No in the previous step
* You are only allowed to add 1 photo to this contest
You will get this message if you try to enter a second photo to the contest. That is not allowed.
* This photo has already been added to this contest
Every picture has to be unique.
These are non-negotiable rules of the contest, if you enter, it is on the strict understanding that you agree to them. We tried hard to make it as fair as possible for every HONEST contestant. We are sorry that we`ve been forced to tighten the contest rules in comparison with the 1st contest but it seems there is no other way to keep it fair for the majority of honest contestants and to avoid a popularity contest.
1. Contest Theme: Sexiest Avatar
1a. Voting system - Ben will give more detailed voting and technical information in a seperate message/notecard.
You can join the contest in the lobby of the SLASH! sim when it's opened. Many things will stay the same as the first contest, like voting via clicking on the pictures and the contest HUD etc.
In short, the voting system will be as follows:
- Every voter has one vote per day.
- Contestants can't vote for their own pictures.
- A panel of 8 judges will pick the 3 winners from the 50 contestants with highest number of votes.
1b. Prizes: 1st Place: L$50,000, 2nd Place: L$10,000, 3rd Place: L$10,000, Prize for the 2 VOTERS who match closest to the final winning girls win L$10,000 each! The panel of judges will choose a winner from last 100 joining the contest, to win L$10,000. Prizes in total: L$100.000.
2. Photos must show an Avatar wearing a Slash Outfit - NO face only shots please. The picture needs to show at least your face and torso. You can use the photostudios in the Lobby for free. Photoshopped backgrounds are ok, photoshopped avi's are not.
3. Any contestant found to be spamming, begging for votes from the SLASH! group/the people on the SLASH! sims, paying people to vote will be elimiated immediately with absolutely no discussion. The same for any other cheating to grab votes in a unfair way. This is a contest for the sexiest avatar - NOT a popularity contest!!
3a. Please respect the privacy and freedom of other users - using the group channel for any blabla, shouting around on the sim will exclude you from the contest. Nobody wants the chaos we had on some occasions in the 1st contest. Zero tolerance in this point and with any cheating behaviour! NO previous warnings, NO discussions! We will add a script soon that kicks EVERY writer in groupchannel automatically out.
4. Spending multiple hours at the contest wall will be eliminated by an automated script which will evict your avi after 2 hours.
5. The contest will end on midnight SL time on Friday 14th March. This will be followed by a prize-giving event on Sunday 16th March at 2pm SL time (11pm CET). If you are a winner and are unable to attend the prize-giving event for any reason whatsoever, your prize will move to the next person on the list and you LOSE your prize - absolutely no discussions about that too.
6. If successful in winning a prize, you will be required to be at the prize-giving event venue for rehearsals at least one hour before the event start.
7. You will be required to wear a SLASH! costume that we supply at the event and to be available for publicity photos.
8. Rules may change without further notice when unexpected things happens.
Contest Manager: Sudidi Surya
Technical Manager: Ben Turas
In charge for this contest: Dig Dollinger
When you are in any contest you should work as if there were - to the very last minute - a chance to lose it.
Dwight D. Eisenhower
34th president of US 1953-1961 (1890 - 1969)