Saturday, March 22, 2008

Ran House's interior decorating by Arm Strøm

[2008/03/22 14:21] Arm Strøm: (Saved Sat Mar 22 15:10:24 2008) Hi Sofian. How are you? I have to tell you abouth my buildingproject. I have been decorating the 1. floor in the Camimo "Ran house". Take a look if you like. You find a tp under picks in my profile. See you, take care.

So I head to Kamimo Island.



Yeah! The house is exactly like in the photo in Arm's profile.


She will have to tell me what does "Ran" mean...maybe a Norwegian word?


Before entering the house I find a bench and take a little rest.


I can change the color of the light; I choose the green to tone down the blue of the sky and the sea.


Inside the house, first thing: I treat myself to a cat nap.


When I am pepped up I can admire the sardine on the wall.


I like vast spaces where you can breathe...


...and think peacefully.


When I want to leave I try the sailboat, but there is no wind...


...therefore I decide to take a motorboat.


Just a little problem...


...a very little one...


...never ever let me use your boat, now you are warned.



Housework is what a woman does that nobody notices unless she hasn't done it.
Evan Esar
American Humorist (1899 - 1995)



4 comments:

Arm Strom said...

In Norse mythology, Rán or Rån is a sea goddess. According to Snorri Sturluson's Skáldskaparmál, she is married to the good of the sea "Ægir".

Ran and Ægir have nine daughters together, who are the waves.

Ran had a net in which she tried to capture men who ventured out on the sea.

Géd said...

Thank you Arm for this interesting information!

Maybe Ran could help capturing the griefers in Second Life...?

Arm Strom said...

Kamimo is a viritual platform for education. It will be co-developed by Molde University College (Norway, University of Calmar (Sveden)and University of Central Missouri (USA).

Kamimo "Ran House" is to be a culture house and store for student projects on Kamimo Island.

Géd said...

I hope you will tell us more about this educational platform!

Of course in one of your next posts;)

And with pictures!